Friday, September 10, 2010

Sometimes Good Things Happen 2

No, there's been nothing from SAFER. My application still sits at the SAFER office, not having been looked at yet, although it's been there for eight weeks.

But thanks to a kind Cowichan woman and her mother, last night, for the first time in awhile, I slept like a baby, warm and snuggly under lovely 'new' creamy soft pink sheets, that were topped by a high quality gorgeous quilt.

This photo doesn't do it justice (click over the pic for a larger view). That quilt is thick, beautifully made, and has an antique look to it, having a slight gold sheen in the background.

The bedding came complete with matching cushion and pillow sham. And the sham encased a super fat pillow! (All my pillows have been of the cheap, thin variety, with little to no cushiony comfort. I've two such pillows now; both happen to have navy pillowcases which exactly match the navy trim on my new bedding!)

The women also provided an extra pair of sheets, pillowcases and towels. I can't remember the last time I had a spare set of linen.

There were other goodies, among them several pairs of warm socks. And food, including homemade jam. The label on one jam jar reads "peach, lavender, raspberry." The description alone makes me salivate.

When I awoke this morning, I couldn't recall anything after turning off the light at 9:30 last night. Wanted to stay up reading in bed longer, because the extra back support from the cushion and fat pillow made that pastime less painful. But I couldn't keep my eyes open. I don't think I moved all night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats so incredibly nice! did the lady who gave u the bedding read ur blog? i love sleeping in my wonderful bed and so happy u get to have that pleasure too

penlan said...

Very nice - pretty too! Glad you are now warmer. :)